Monday, December 21, 2015

HAPPY HOLIDAYS and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Well..that time is upon us..Christmas is in 4 days. It blows my mind that this year is almost over. I wish all of you a Happy Holiday Season, and for my friends and family that are of the Christian faith--Merry Christmas!! I hope it is a great one for you!!

When my daughter went off to college, I asked my husband if it was ok if I did not decorate for Christmas..and he was all for it. So..The season has no stress for me. I do not have to cook for anyone other than Nature Boy and myself...I do not have to fight the malls, and shops. I buy myself what I want, and there is no other pressure. We do not give gifts, and basically we have a normal day, and celebrate our religious belief on Christmas Day. We thank God for what he has given us, and we go see Nature Boys kids, and family..Basically, a relaxed day of thought and prayer. However you choose to spend your day, I hope it brings you blessings and peace.

I have to paint a couple of more paintings tonight to show my collector in Chattanooga. All commission pieces are done, and shipped..It took me two trips to get all of them to the post office...but, we made it.. I spent almost $500 in postage alone..I've never shipped so many paintings. (Thank the Lord)!  I did not photograph many of them..I have gotten very slack about doing that..and plan in 2016 to get back in the habit of photographing ALL of my work...and documenting all of it..and sharing it on the social media sights. I missed sharing a LOT of pieces this past year. I've become lazy, and have been slacking. Since I am doing very few shows in 2016, I hope to have time to "DO" some things...I'm excited at being to a point where it's not all about the money. I would like to do over 400 original "designs" this year. I have a book of sketches that I have been working on daily..But, anyway..for now..at least a week or two..I'm going to relax..read some books (which I have missed like the flowers miss the rain..)..watch some movies..redo the studio..clean the house..and basically enjoy life. THAT will be the best Christmas present to get.  TIME to think, renew, and show gratitude for this wonderful life that I have been given.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!!
Live Artfully!!

No comments: