Thursday, December 10, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!





















Well..a few days ago, I turned 51!! YAY!! Another year under my belt. This was the best year ever, and I am so grateful for the entire year! I gave myself several hundred dollars to "play" with for my birthday, and went on Ebay, and bought a lot of new clothes!! Most of them were new with tags..some fit perfectly (most of them)..NONE were too small. (ONE was a regular XL, and it FIT!! WOOHOOOO!!! Two of them were too big, but will make great over-shirts!! I got 8 sterling silver Navajo/Zuni rings (all signed by the artist)..I ADORE THEM..I got some jewelry..and I bought myself a set of 10 little "penny" dolls to add to my collection, and 3 pair of knitted leggings lined with flannel...My favorite pieces are the long, hooded coat. It's linen, fully lined, and EXQUISITE...Made by J. Jill..(the best clothes ever!!), and I also love the long mustard yellow sweater..The boots are wonderful, and it tickles me that my ankles are small enough now for boots. Those are  my 3rd pair of boots. I LOVE boots, and after having cankles (where your calf and your ankle is the same size) for 10 years, I'm so happy that I finally can fit into boots..(small things make me happy)!

I have 3 more commission pieces to finish out this year before Christmas, and a pile to ship, and I will be done!! I mailed out so many last week that we had to use a dolly to get them to the post office..I am very grateful that work has been PHENOMENAL!! Thank you to everyone that purchased from me. On the 15th, I'm showing to a couple of collectors in Chattanooga..and again, I will be DONE. I am so excited to be able to 1. Fix the studio up, and 2. Be able to paint my heart out until my first show in APRIL. I'm not applying to a ton of shows this year. I want to create fresh new art..and work on changing my styles a bit. I have already got stacks of panels to work on, and plan to buy a pile more next week...What more could I ask for ?? Life is good!

I will make sure that I share my studio redo (not buying anything new..just working on the old)..it should be fun. I can't decide whether I want to get rid of my pink and purple walls though..or keep them...I think I might paint them all white..and all the furniture white...but, we'll see.

Ok..so my birthday week has been GREAT, hope you enjoyed me sharing my "presents" with you..I will be returning to art soon..Live Artfully!!

No comments: