Friday, November 27, 2015

THANKSGIVING COMES TO AN END

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Our day was nice..Nature Boy and I went to his sister's house for T-day, and I fasted..and it felt good. I decided not to eat today to remember those less fortunate than I am, those who went hungry, for those who do not have what I have.

I spent the day, silently thinking of all the things that I was grateful for. I am so fortunate..and grateful that I have plenty, and do not need much.

We just got back from a week in Georgia. We spent the week at a friend's house watching their 2 Corgi dogs..They were awesome! I missed them today..(our first day back home). It was fun and refreshing to be out of my own house! They also bought me a beautiful eco-dyed scarf..dyed with eucalyptus leaves. It is GORGEOUS..and a necklace with a large quartz thingie on it..They were beautiful gifts.

On the weight loss front..I've got 55 more pounds to lose. That is a very long way from where I was in 2012...when I was approx. 173 pounds away from where I wanted to be. I used to have a friend, and we would sit in a "group" on Facebook..she was my weight loss "buddy"..We did not do very well, and she turned out to be really C.R.A.Z.Y....I'm so grateful that I ended that toxic relationship, and got my weight loss straightened out. It probably would not have taken me so long to lose weight if it had not been for me listening to her ...sheesh..some people! Since January 2015 though, I'm down around 80 pounds.

My daughter called me today..Love hearing her voice. So happy that she is back from her 5 week vacation all over Europe!! Saw one of Chuck's daughters, and 2 of his grandkids also..made for a good day!!

Well..it's late..and I'm going to paint for awhile...Live Artfully!

No comments: