Tuesday, August 25, 2015

THE STORY OF THE 13 YEAR OLD SHOES

Once upon a time..a long, long time ago..(around 13 years), I bought these shoes for my daughter. We both loved these shoes. They are Doc Martens..they are leather..and they are CUTE beyond words. So..my daughter took excellent care of these shoes, until a few years after I bought them..she wrecked her car, and when I went to the scrap yard to retrieve her things out of the car,  these shoes were in there. So, I brought them home...and threw them in my closet. I tried them on, but my fat feet and ankles wouldn't even let me get my toes in ...I had cankles from hell..Meaning my calves and my ankles were the same size, or bigger. They were horrible...all I could do was wear long pants, and cover them up, and wear big shoes..But, about a month ago..I dug these shoes out, and miraculously my FEET SLID RIGHT INTO THEM. THEY FIT perfectly..I didn't even have to undo the strap. Since I've lost a little over SEVENTY POUNDS (since January 2015--TOTAL LOST SINCE 2012 IS 106 POUNDS!!)..I actually went from a 10W (wide)..to a 9M (medium). No more horrible cankles. Another thing that I have loved about this way of eating (I do not call it a diet...because I do not plan to ever go back to eating the normal way) is that on most "diets" ..you lose weight in your face and upper body, and it works it's way down..and then you fall off of your diet, and your butt and stomach remain HUGE..and you have this little bitty head on top of a mountain of fat. Then you go back on the "diet", and once again..you lose in your face and your upper body..and by this time, your body is deformed like some fat circus freak with a hundred dead poodles strapped around your middle, and your stomach and butt is so big that you waddle instead of walk...and you have this little head ...It's a vicious cycle to say the least. But, with the way I eat now..most of my weight came off of my belly FIRST..I've went down about 5 sizes in pants...In fact, one of the last pair of jeans that I bought when I was at my heaviest, were super tight, and my belly rolled over them. NOW..I can pull them up without unbuttoning them..and they barely stay up. (I would never wear them again)..Another 10 pounds and it'll be "pants on the ground".

On the artisitic front..nothing to write home about. Same stuff, different day...painting, painting..painting..I'm more wrapped up in ME right now than art. Such is life...

Live Artfully.

1 comment:

Chrisy said...

Those shoes are classics. And the weight, well, that's amazing. I must read back posts and see if you talk about your eating plan.