Monday, May 11, 2015

ONE MORE WEEKEND DOWN..ONE TO GO!!




Well, we did the Gumtree Festival in Tupelo, MS this weekend..and Tupelo did not disappoint me!! First of all..I came home almost SIX pounds thinner!! WOOHOOOOOO!! I know that it will take about 2 weeks for it to actually SHOW up as weight loss, but that is how the human body works. I walked so much!

Ok..It was HOT this weekend. I'm talking about 90-95 degrees hot..I wore black clothing both days (Granted, not the smartest thing to do), BUT..It did not bother me...AT ALL. I did not get tired, I did not SWEAT, I've lost almost 60 pounds, and WHAT A HUGE DIFFERENCE that makes. I was even able to help Nature Boy take the tent and work down without any discomfort!!! AMAZING DIFFERENCES!!

Anyway..back to the show. This is the FIRST time that I have went to a show, and prayed that I DID NOT SELL anything. After the almost sell out show in Troy, AL...and painting like crazy for two weeks...AND having another show in a week..I really wish that I had not sold anything..BUT, that was not the case...We started with 8 grid walls, and my normal 7 grey Pro-panel walls...and on Sunday morning, I had sold enough art to completely remove the grid walls, and have Nature Boy put them in the van...So, I think I sold way more than I was comfortable with losing, and must start in about an hour, and paint like a crazy person..

I am counting the money that I make differently this year..I am not saying I made XXX amount..I am taking the amount of money in my pocket when we leave the house, and at the end of the shows..I am taking that same amount out of the money before I count what we made. If I leave the house with $500, and then pay cash for our hotel room (-$200 plus)..and gas for the trip, and food for the road..etc..then saying to myself  "OH..I made XXX amount of money..then it doesn't give you a true amount of PROFIT....So..You must subtract expenses first..THEN count the money made. How much I make isn't important, only PROFIT is..I also am substracting the show cost off of that. This way..If I do not make close to a thousand in PROFIT, then I will know not to do the show again..



All in all..Gumtree was as good as ever..My only complaint was the heat..the rest of the show was great!! Thank you Tupelo and Gumtree for ANOTHER GREAT YEAR!! See you in 2016!!

Live Artfully!!

No comments: