Tuesday, January 20, 2015

COOKING THINGS FOR THE FIRST TIME!

Well..The new year has brought about a change within me...I am trying new things..some simple..some not so simple..Some have turned out awesome...some..Well..I still have a lot to learn..hahaha. This year, I have mastered pancakes..which I am now burnt out on, and may never eat another one as long as I live..I have made peanut butter bread..which Nature Boy loved, but me, not so much. I really cannot stand peanut butter..I have made cheesecakes..(Notice that that word is plural)...Still haven't mastered them. I ate one last night with a spoon, because it was soup...Then tonight I cooked  my first spaghetti squash..It was delicious! I topped it with grass-fed Irish butter, half of a chicken breast, pepperonis, and cheese. I loved the way it made "noodles"...I am going to keep trying to cook new things...I'm thinking maybe lasagna next...Who knows?? I'm really not a "foodie" type person...and do not want to become one...but, cooking is somewhat therapeutic.

On to other things...Nature Boy and I have started preparing for shows. The first one is in April, I think. I have been painting and have a few new pieces set back for inventory..Not showing any of them until they are shown to the public at shows. I will show you this one though..It was a commission for Christmas, and it was awesome fun to do!! Though I have to admit, I was a bit intimidated when the young man was listing all these animals that he wanted in this picture. Hahahha..But, as I started working on it..It came together. I should do more farm scenes!

Well...I'm off to paint..and paint..and paint some more!! Live Artfully..

No comments: